A list of organizations to inform and provide ways to help and become involved in the issues that matter to you.
Indivisible: A Practical Guide for Resisting the Trump Agenda
Comprehensive Google doc
"We stand together in solidarity with our partners and children for the protection of our rights, our safety, our health, and our families - recognizing that our vibrant and diverse communities are the strength of our country."
The Women’s March on Washington will convene on Saturday, 10:00 am, January 21, 2017. Occurring in Washington, DC near the Capitol, specific location and details are forthcoming. Professional organizers are working with all relevant agencies and there should not be any issues with securing necessary permits.
Want to call my democratic politician but don't know who to call or where their offices are?
Democratic politicians by state: Emails, and phone numbers
Organizations to help Focus Our Efforts:
Freedom of the Press / Investigative Reporting
Freedom of speech
Organizations Against Hate and Intolerance
- Southern Poverty Law Center
- The Trevor Project
- BEND THE ARC: A Jewish Partnership for Justice
- NAACP / The NAACP Legal Defense Fund
- Black Lives Matter
- Mexican American Legal Defense and Legal Defense Fund
- National Immigration Law Center
- Centro Legal de la Raza
- The International Refugee Assistance Project
Organizations Against Mass Deportations
Women’s Rights & leadership
Environment & climate change
GIVE JUSTICE INSTEAD OF GIFTS FOR THE HOLIDAYS
ALL I WANT (www.alliwant.us) is a simple online tool made to turn your holiday wish list into a force for the common good. ALL I WANT is a way for concerned citizens to take action by telling their loved ones that instead of presents this holiday season, they want contributions to organizations that will reinforce a vision of America that’s inclusive, hopeful and progressive. Please share with friends!
American Civil Liberty Union:
For almost 100 years, the ACLU has worked to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties guaranteed by the Constitution and laws of the United States. https://www.aclu.org/
Planned Parenthood is a trusted health care provider, an informed educator, a passionate advocate, and a global partner helping similar organizations around the world. Planned Parenthood delivers vital reproductive health care, sex education, and information to millions of women, men, and young people worldwide. plannedparenthood.org
Daily 2 Minutes of Resistance & Weekly Actions in your inbox:
Go to www.wall-of-us.org to see daily actions requiring 2 minutes of time that create sustained resistance (emailing key senators, leave vmails for key decision makers, etc). Subscribe for delivery to inbox.
Connecting people across geographic and cultural borders to support causes they care about.
News organization, community, and activist hub. Contributors include Senator Barack Obama, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, and dozens of other senators, congressmen, and governors – plus hundreds of thousands of regular Americans that have used Daily Kos to shape a political world once the exclusive domain of the rich, connected, and powerful.
MoveOn is the largest independent, progressive, digitally-connected organizing group in the United States. Combining rapid-response political campaigning with deep strategic analysis, rigorous data science and testing, and a culture of grassroots member listening and participation allows MoveOn to consistently and quickly identify opportunities for progressive change – and mobilize millions of members to seize them.
Think tank and civic enterprise committed to renewing American politics, prosperity, and purpose in the Digital Age.
News & Guts. From Snopes: "News and Guts" appears to so far be a curation of news stories from credible sources, paired with commentary and tips on how citizens can actively participate in government.
Southern Poverty Law Center splcenter.org
The SPLC is dedicated to fighting hate and bigotry and to seeking justice for the most vulnerable members of our society. Using litigation, education, and other forms of advocacy, the SPLC works toward the day when the ideals of equal justice and equal opportunity will be a reality.
Pick your cause. Click. Act.
- Petition to tell the media not to normalize Trump
- Petition for Trump to release tax returns.
- Petition to request Obama to Appoint Merrick Garland Now as Senate has abdicated responsibility to “advise and consent” to the appointment
- Letter to Trump to request a low carbon economy by small business owners LowCarb.Org
- Communicate concerns of Stephen Bannon
- Calls against Stephen Bannon
- Paul Ryan's office at (202) 225-3031
- Majority Leader McConnell (202) 224-2541
- Jared Kushner’s office. 212-527-7000
If you have concerns about the appointment of Stephen Bannon, an of-record, alt-right, white Nationalist-loving, anti-semitic, racist bigot you can write/call your local representative to tell them you reject the appointment. Easy to find with your zip here!
- Rethinking the Past, Present and Future of Women in Power. Tiffany Shlain Short Film.
- This TED talk : Can a Divided America Heal?
- Video of Van Jones sitting with a family of Trump Supporters here.
- “The Right Way to Resist Trump,” Luigi Zingales, New York Times
- What so many people don't understand about the working class from Harvard Business Review
- Short film: Hamilton Electors and The Electoral College
- ACLU 6 Ways We Plan to Fight Back
- Karim Sulayman: A silent protest outside Trump Tower with a call for human connection.
Social Media: Hashtags to follow:
Please don't hesitiate to contact us at email@example.com.